Quote: "Teachers are collecting more assessment data now, and are doing it more frequently than in the past" (Tompkins, 75).
Comment: I am so glad teachers are taking more assessments! One test doesn't tell much about a student. If a student stayed up late the night before, isn't feeling well and fought with her mom as she was walking out the door to school it is likely she won't be very focused on the test and may not perform to the best of her ability. By assessing multiple times and in multiple ways we get a better understanding of the true knowledge our students have retained.
Question: How can I create an assessment that is fitting for all different types of learners?
I agree with what you said about one assessment not being enough. i think that it is difficult to assess all different types of learners with one test. I think that you can assess students several different ways throughout one unit so that their grade does not just reflect one day or way style of assessment, but rather reflects how they did throughout. There are multiple ways to assess students on the same thing and in doing so the teacher is able to see if they really know rather than if they know how to take a test.
ReplyDelete