Friday, October 15, 2010

Jordan Sanders (3) Assessment

Quote: "At the end of the school year, many teachers organize "Portfolio Share Days" to celbrate students' accomplishments and to provide an opportunity for students to share their portfolio with classmates and the wider community"

Comment: I think that having a time for student to display their reading accomplishments is a great idea. I think that inviting parents to an event like this would be a great way to help students become excited about reading.

Question: How can we have an event like this at the end of the year impact our students reading throughout the year. Could we incorporate an event like this into our classes more often?

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be fun to do parent share nights after big projects. After the students have done a lot of work on one particular book, or several particular books, organize a parent night so that everyone can celebrate the learning. Maybe four times a year would be a good number? And let the students know well in advance that they'll be showing off for their parents at the end so they can get excited. :)

    ReplyDelete