Saturday, October 16, 2010

Assessment-Annie Phillips (3)

Quote: Assessment is an integral and ongoing part of both learning and teaching. Sometimes teachers equate standardized high-stakes achievement tests with assessment, but classroom assessment is much more than a one-a-year test. It's a daily part of classroom life." (Tompkins pg 28)

Comment: As a future teacher, I am preparing for assessment in all its forms. I know that assessment is a very necessary part of learning, and it is important that students are assessed in a way that matches what they have learned. As it says in the quote, assessment is a daily part of classroom life. Teachers should be constantly assessing their students in informal ways to be sure that students are understanding those things that are being taught. Teachers should use this information to tailor their teaching methods so that the students can be successful in the classroom environment.

Question: What are a few examples of ways that teachers can assess students and check their knowledge without giving them a pencil and paper test?

1 comment:

  1. I think assessments are not all the time proof of people's ability. I will make sure to have oral or game assignments in which I will just test the children's knowlege or understanding of the subject. I will keep tabs or grade them on the spot. My goal is to teach them, so my assignements will really test how much they are learning.

    ReplyDelete