Comment: This quote is vital and I think is the foundation of what we have been learning about assessments. Assessments often have a negative connotation but rather they are vital not only for the teacher to find out what the students are learning, but how they can adjust their teaching to help students retain the information. It will be important as a teacher to assess the student's learning constantly and thoroughly.
Question: Assessments are almost always associated with quizzes or exams but not all students are test takers. What are some different ways teachers can assess students learning while gearing it more toward other types of learners (visual, hands-on, etc) ?
I think a great assessment for the more hands-on learners is to have them do a project that demonstrates their knowledge of the topic. If they can make a model that shows the different layers of earth, or draw the tectonic plates and how they interact. This shows they understand it, but it isn't a test- just an assessment. I think we also can rely on discussion to see how much information they are absorbing.
ReplyDelete