Comment: During as busy day as teachers, we need to be aware of the progress and learning styles of our students. To be effective teachers who are able to cater to the individual needs of our students, we are to be observant of their learning progress and styles. I can see the benefits of observation, teachers become more in tune with the abilities and struggles of each student. The books suggests we have a notebook or sticky notes available for our use as we observe. However, I'm struggling to see how I'll be able to remember to observe, remember what the students are doing, write down my notes, all while maintaining the classroom.
Question: Where can I implement observation in my teaching? How can I use observation as a tool in my classroom, yet keep it as a quiet part of my teaching, without drawing the students' attention to what I am doing?
I love your comments! I believe that it is possible to implement observation in teaching in every part of the day. While students are doing independent practice or even during guided practice teachers can observe how students interact with peers or how they are performing at the task given to them. This allow for the teacher to use observation in a way that does not stand out but rather is in the background of the student's learning. Thanks again for your comment!
ReplyDelete