Comment: I have never really thought about how important observation is--this reading really brought out how relevant it will be to becoming the best teacher i can be. When I think back to my early education, I truly feel like my teachers knew me. That might seem funny because I don't remember specific conversations in which I told them everything about me. But now, I can see that they were constantly observing me, constantly observing all their students. It makes me realize how much you can learn about a person just through observation. I am going to be sure to use observation as an affective tool for understanding my students.
Question: What are some other ways we can get to know each individual student, besides through observation? Is there one of these methods that you think will be most effective?
I think it is very important to talk to the students, and ask them questions about their lives. Their like and dislikes. Their interests. When we do so we show the students that we are interested in who they are, and that we value them as people. And I think that if we make an effort to show them that we care about them and what they do and think and like, they will show us more of themselves, and we will discover more of who they are.
ReplyDelete