Quote:"Previously, literacy was something associated with books and writing, and perceived as a set of skills, which were taught in Schools. More recently, literacy has been recognized as a social practice, something that people do in everyday life, in their homes, at work, and at school." Pahl, Page 11
Comment: I love this quote above because I feel if we approach literacy in our classes as multimodal then we will be able to help our students make personal connections about the importance of literacy in their own lives. Without literacy the students wouldn't be able to do much of what they enjoy. If we incorporate their literacy practices into the classroom we can inspire them to want to learn more and become better.
Question: I had a hard time understanding the difference between Gee's discourse and Discourse. Does someone think that they can help explain what he was talking about? It is on page 17 of our Literacy and Education text.
No comments:
Post a Comment