Comment: This quote stuck out to me because motivation is something that I often struggle with. I have such a bad attitude about a specific assignment or class that it can start to take a toll on my grade. I thought it was interesting that our belief in success is also key in motivation. Although I always just thought of my lack of motivation as a lack of enjoyment, reading this made me think a little harder, and I cam to realize that my bad attitude sometimes stemmed from the fact that I didn't know exactly what I was supposed to do. Because I didn't know what to do, I figured I'd do poorly and just stopped caring or enjoying. I think it's very important to make sure our students know they can succeed and that their personal best is good enough.
Question: How do we make sure that our students feel successful in their reading and writing accomplishments? What can we do to make these activities fun so that even if they feel they are not perfect they still want to work to be better?
No comments:
Post a Comment