Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Courtney Harrison: Comprehension and Motivation

Quote: “Mainstream middle class children often look like they are learning literacy (of various sorts) in school, but in fact I believe much research shows they are acquiring these literacy’s through experiences in the home both before and during school”
Question: In the Gee what is literacy, he says “we must also stress research and intervention efforts that facilitate the development of wider and more humane concepts of mastery and its connections to gatekeeping” What does he mean by a more humane way? What is inhumane now?
Comment: On the my pedagogical creed article I really liked the statement"
I believe that education therefore is a process of living and not preparation for future living". I think this is so true because we're always looking for more and looking for something new to learn and prepare for and we just need to realize this is life.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your comment, that is such a good point. Instead of always preparing for the future, we should learn about what will help us now. As far as Gee's idea of a more humane way, I don't really know. I think it could mean different things to different people.

    ReplyDelete