Quote: "First, we know that children who are motivated and who spend more time reading are better readers," (g. 15).
Comment: I believe this statement is very true. Anything we do in this life takes practice, whether it is reading a book or throwing a ball. In order to improve and become better, one has to practice. Most people are prone not to practice though, unless there is some motivation behind it. To be able to get things done in this life, we need to be motivated, starting at a young age. I also think the more you spend time reading, the more you come to like to read. Of course everyone has their own taste in the types of books they like to read, but I think the more they practice and become better readers, the more reading will become less practice and more enjoyable for them. I know with things in my life after I have learn how to do a certain thing and continually practice that thing the better I have become at it and the more I like doing it. As teachers we need to motivate our students to read.
Question: What are some ways we can as teacher or parents motivate children to read?
No comments:
Post a Comment