Saturday, September 18, 2010

Karalee Langton- New Literacies

Quote: "We need to examine what literacy activities our students are engaging with out of school and consider how we can form bridges to support students within school." Paul 70

Comment: I like the idea that as teachers we need to learn how to connect the students outside world with their school world because school is a big aspect of a students life, they are at school several hours each day. I feel that a connected literacy would be helpful for students because they can recognize that literacy is not just something you do in school, but something you use every day of your life. It helps you play video games, communicate, and have fun.

Question: As teachers how are we suppose to improve connection between the home and school if the parents don't want to get involved? Also, the book talked about the teacher going to the student's house, personally I find that weird and don't think I could do that, how do I work around that?

No comments:

Post a Comment