Saturday, September 11, 2010

Jazmin Misiego, Motivation

"Four key features... appear to be associated with motivation to read: access to books in the classroom, opportunities to self-select books, familiarity with books, and social interactions with others about books"

I like this quote because I feel like it is the secret recipie to a succesful reading time in the classroom. I like how the four points are very simple and easy to do. When I am a teacher I plan on having plenty of reading time in my own classroom and doing all these things listed above, so that my students can learn, enjoy and love reading.

What are two ideas that you would do in your classroom to make reading time fun and enjoyable for the students?

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny! We both put the same quote for our post! That's ironic. I really like this too though. To motivate my students and make reading fun and enjoyable I am going to have carpet squares so the students can sit wherever they'd like to read. I also am going to give out books on birthdays and holidays so the students will have a new book to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete