Quote: "These Guesses are based on what students already know about the topic and genre or on what they've read thus far (Tompkins pg. 226)"
Comment: I really liked this predicting strategy because I think it is the kind of critical thinking that children will need. I think that learning to predict in reading, will make it easier for students to predict in all of their subjects, like being able to see where an answer is leading in Math. It will also make it easier for students to write since they will be able to both write in a somewhat predictable way that makes sense, but they will also get to learn how not to be too obvious in what they write.
Question: How can I help a student who always makes inaccurate predictions when reading? Do I just need to give them more practice, or is there another strategy they can use to help them?
No comments:
Post a Comment