Saturday, September 18, 2010

Janelle Webb (4) Multimodality

"Multimodality can be seen in evert text and has shifted how children engage with literacy. students no longer simply decode, skim and scan, but they move across and among texts, design texts, create mark-up code, render images, and so on. Where students formally understood the layout of pages in a book, today students read, design, surf, and write on-screen." (Pahl p. 27)

I really liked what the author had to say here. Our world is moving more and more everyday into a technological era. Technology is everywhere and part of our daily lives. As educators we need to embrace all that technology has to offer. Our students will be able to learn more and we will be able to become better teachers. We can find lesson plans or find answers to student's questions. I think it's important that students know how to use different technologies. Many may not be able to have those opportunities at home and the school can offer time and instruction.

How do you plan to use technology in your classroom?

1 comment:

  1. Good question Ms. Janelle.... I know that I have already used technology a lot to gather new ideas for lesson plans. The internet is bursting with great ideas! Secondly i think there are lots of teaching resources on the computer that kids really enjoy. I think i will try to have one of my stations during centers be a computer part. They can play educational games that support what we are learning during class that week!

    ReplyDelete