Comment: I think that it is very important to foster children's curiosity during reading. When children read stories, they automatically wonder what will happen, and how things will turn out. If teachers can promote this type of interest in reading, it will help students gain a stronger love of reading, and a desire to keep reading. Reading stories with strong plots will help students to become engaged with the text, and they will continue to read as they gain an appreciation for story development.
Question: What are some ways that teachers can foster children's curiosity in reading? What activities might they do that would help their students to analyze the stories they're reading and guess what will happen next?
I think for my class I will let children bring 5 things they are very interested in one day and make them write a little story about each object. Then for the next class I would find books related to the things they brought and let them chose the book they would like to read, they will read 3 out of the 5 books (each one related to each object they brought). With those books I would engage their interest while tying it to my curriculum.
ReplyDelete