Comment: This statement, although profound in many ways, makes complete sense in my mind. We are motived by outward influences to do the things in which can produce some sort of text. Just the other day I was passionate about something mentioned in the opinions part of the Daily Universe. I wrote a long response and decided not to send it in. I would not have spent the time writing if I had not been motivated by the article before me. It is how we choose to make a text creates the identity of that creator. We each have distinct voices in our heads. Its identifying the why and hows that really should be addressed.
Question: What are some ways that you are motivated to make a text? Would this work with your students as well?
I think all people are motivated to write or create any type of literacy because we usually will not do something unless we are motivated to do it. I think as teachers we should let are student create literacy based on motivation and not based just on getting a good grade. I feel that that way will work best for students.
ReplyDelete