Quote: "Two of the most important ways that students learn to spell are through daily reading and writing activities."
Comment: I thought this was really interesting because so often people think the only way students can learn to spell is through spelling tests and memorization. If we do reading and writing activities with our studens it will help them become more familiar with so many different words other then their spelling lists.
Quote: What kinds of reading and writing activities will you do with you students and what do you think is the best way students learn to spell?
I find that really interesting too that children learn to spell through reading and writing. I think this is because they are seeing the words so often in reading that they start to remember what it looks like and then once a spelling test comes around with that word on it, it helps students remember what it is like.
ReplyDelete