Quote: "Writing is a social activity too, and students turn to classmates and the teacher to share their writing and to get feedback on how well they're communicating"
Comment: I like this statement because I think it is important as a teacher to make writing a fun activity for the students. Basically, I believe that if children have fun and enjoy writing they will develop a love for writing and will be thrilled to share what they wrote with their peers and teacher. It is important for them to share because this way they receive constructive feedback from their teacher and also, the students get to know each other better as they share their stories and writing assigments with one another.
Question: What kind of writing activities will you do in your classroom in order to have the students share their writings with each other but at the same time, making the student feel safe so he doesn't fear being judged or laugh at or anything like that?
I want to have the students write in a journal everyday, sometimes giving them prompts and other times just writing about whatever they want to. I think when they write about whatever they want, they will be excited to share their creativity with each other. I will tell the students that not every one's will be the same and it is not okay to laugh at other student's creativity.
ReplyDelete